Members of the Keene High Student Athlete Leadership Council take a dip in a tank set up at the school by the city's fire department as part of the annual Penguin Plunge fundraiser for Special Olympics New Hampshire on Saturday, Feb. 6. Due to the pandemic, the event was "do-it-yourself" style, instead of the traditional group splash into the Atlantic Ocean at Hampton Beach. (Video by Jack Rooney / The Keene Sentinel)
As featured on
A new series on local efforts to reshape the criminal justice system.
New Hampshire has been in a child care crisis made worse by the pandemic. But local groups are working on ways to help.
- Restaurant at Keene airport to close after dispute over lease
- Store staff treated me as a pariah, by Kirsten Anderson
- Sierra Trading Post set to open in Keene
- Cantwell sentenced to 3 years 5 months in federal extortion case
- Band considers Keene for Chaos and Kindness store
- Buyer sought for Hillside Village Keene, owner may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Keene teacher logs 150 miles near home in weekend-long running challenge
- Brattleboro woman accused of embezzling $225k from elderly man
- Bail denied for Jaffrey woman accused of falsifying evidence in murder case
- Laurence P. Newell
No subscription necessary