In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified army out of the revolutionary forces encamped around Boston and New York and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown. Our army manned the (unaudible). It rammed the ramparts. It took over the airports. It did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant.
— President Donald Trump, July 4, 2019
1. Which airports did the Americans seize, and how many did they rename after Ronald Reagan?
2. Where and when did Benedict Arnold utter his infamous words, “Russia, if you’re listening ...”?
3. How much money did George Washington lose while president for failing to turn Mount Vernon into a luxury hotel?
4. When did Washington have Alexander Hamilton deported for being an undocumented immigrant?
5. True or false: When Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence that “all men are created equal,” he deliberately did not mention lesbian soccer stars, Muslim mayors of London or kneeling NFL players.
6. True, or fake news: George Washington did not have any children, but if he did, he would have made himself a king and had his daughter Ivanka Washington succeed him.
7. True or false: At the Battle of Bunker Hill, there were fine people on both sides.
8. True or false: When Paul Revere learned that the British were marching on Lexington and Concord, he said, “If it’s what you say, I love it.”
9. True or false: Washington remarked about Abigail Adams: “She’s not my type.”
10. How many Saudi frigates were there at the Battle of Yorktown?
11. Did George Washington’s shuttle airline go bankrupt before or after he captured LaGuardia?
12. True or false: The governments of Los Angeles and San Francisco, “so sad to look at,” and “run by a group of extraordinary liberal people,” refused to help Washington seize LAX and SFO.
13. Does the “bitter winter at Valley Forge” prove global warming is a hoax?