Firefighters rescued a dog and two occupants got out safely from a Keene home on fire Monday morning.

The homeowner, Starbuck Danforth, was not at his Ryder Road home when the fire started, but his adult daughter and her boyfriend were able to get out safely. Workers from Amer Electric in Keene saw smoke coming from the eaves of the home and alerted them of the fire.

Two dogs got out of the home, and firefighters later rescued another dog. Two cats have not been found. Fire officials believe the animals may be in the basement.

The fire was reported shortly before 10:30 a.m. There is no word yet on a cause.