Midas

Firefighters work at the scene of a fire at Midas on Key Road in Keene Monday.

Firefighters quickly put out a fire at a Keene car-repair shop Monday morning.

The Keene Fire Department responded to Key Road around 11:30 a.m. for a report of flames and smoke coming from Midas.

Deputy Fire Chief Jeffrey Chickering said firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, which were limited to the southwest corner of the building, including a sign attached to the exterior wall.

The flames did not extend to inside the building, though there was some smoke, Chickering said. 

Chickering said Tuesday morning that an electrical fuse's failure caused the fire.

Midas manager Mark Guertin said employees first learned about the fire when an employee from the neighboring Autex Mazda dealership called to ask if they knew the building was on fire.

This article has been updated to include the fire's cause.

Paul Cuno-Booth can be reached at 352-1234, extension 1409, or pbooth@keenesentinel.com. Follow him on Twitter at @PCunoBoothKS