A jewel in Jaffrey

The town meetinghouse in Jaffrey Center, seen Sunday afternoon, was erected in 1775, raised the day of the Battle of Bunker Hill. It was used for worship until 1844, named the Town House in 1855 and used as the Town House and school until 1914 when its use was discontinued. It was restored in 1922 by the Jaffrey Center Village Improvement Society.